Revision as of 18:21, 27 July 2008 by Jamiedbrooks
Key laws and policies
- General Health Law (Ley General de Salud) No. 26842 (1997)
Article 7 of the General Health Law prohibits:
- Fertilization of human oocytes other than for procreation
- Reproductive cloning of human beings
The prohibition on inheritable genetic modification is implicit.
Permitted and regulated practices
Egg donation, preimplantation genetic diagnosis and surrogacy are not covered by guidelines or national law, but are practiced.
- UNESCO, "National Legislation Concerning Human Reproductive and Therapeutic Cloning" (July 2004)
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine, "IFFS Surveillance 07," Fertility and Sterility (Vol. 87. No. 4, Suppl. 1, April 2007)