Revision as of 13:59, 22 May 2009 by Jreynolds
Key laws and policies
- Ban on Human Reproductive Cloning Act (passed by Parliament December 14, 2004, in force January 11, 2005).
- Family Code of Ukraine, Article 123.2
The Ban on Human Reproductive Cloning prohibits reproductive cloning but cloning for research purposes is not included
Permitted and regulated practices
Surrogacy is allowed, and this appears to include commercial surrogacy.
- World Health Organization, International Digest Of Health Legislation
- Global Lawyers and Physicians for Human Rights, Database of Global Policies on Human Cloning and Germ-line engineering (Last updated February 7, 2005)
- Fedir Dakhno and Valery Zukin, Ukrainian legislation, prepared for the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (2009)