Key laws and policies
- Phap Lenh Dan So Ordinance on Population, No. 06/2003/PL-UBTVQH11, Art. 23(2) (2003)
- The regulation Childbirth by Scientific Methods (12/2003/ND-CP): http://moj.gov.vn/vbpq/Lists/Vn%20bn%20php%20lut/View_Detail.aspx?ItemID=21793
- Gender Equity Law (2006)
The Ordinance on Population prohibits:
- Reproductive cloning
- Research cloning
- Inheritable genetic modification
- Sex selection
Permitted and regulated practices
- Is available to couples and single women (although some clinics cannot work with single women)
- Women must be under the age of 45.
Gamete and Embryo Donation
- Providing eggs for reproduction is permitted, provided there is no compensation.
- Providing sperm for reproduction is permitted, provided there is no compensation.
- Embryo donation is permitted.
- All donations are anonymous.
- Kay Johnson, "Vietnam's Girls Go Missing," Time (November 2, 2007)
- Grant McCool, "More boys born than girls in Vietnam and Nepal: UNFPA," Reuters (November 5, 2007).